Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
1st - Where will you dance?
21st Century educator
21st Century Fluency Project
21st Century Learning Environment
Acceleration vs. Compacting
Blended Learning Environment
Bloom's Taxonomy (revised)
Creative and Critical Thinking
DL vs. D2L
Add "All Pages"
21st Century educator
21st century educator
21st Century Educator
To become more familiar with education jargon one must practice being a 21st century educator.
What does this mean?
- The 21st century educator must be able to adapt the
and the requirements to teach to the
in imaginative ways.
Educators must be able to adapt software and hardware designed for a business model into tools to be used by a variety of age groups and abilities. Educators must also be able to adapt to a dynamic teaching experience.
- Educators must look across the disciplines and through the curricula; they must see the potential in the emerging tools and web technologies, grasp these and manipulate them to serve their needs.
The visionary teacher
can look at others' ideas and envisage how they would use these in their class.
- As educators we must be able to leverage collaborative tools to enhance and captivate our learners. Educators too, must be collaborators by sharing, contributing, adapting and inventing. Some good websites for collaboration:
Risk Taker -
An educator is someone who takes risks and sometimes surrender themselves to the students' knowledge. Have a vision of what you want and what the technology can achieve. Identify the goals and facilitate learning Use the strengths of the
to understand and navigate new products, to teach each other and most of all, you need to trust your students.
- Teachers must continue to absorb experiences and knowledge and be life-long learners. They must endeavour to stay current.To be a teacher, you must learn and adapt as the horizons and landscapes change
- The 21st century teacher is fluent in tools and technologies that enable communication and collaboration. They go beyond learning "how to" communicate and collaborate, they also know how to facilitate, stimulate, control, moderate and manage communication and collaboration.
Modeler of Behaviour
-There is an expectation that teachers will teach values, but they must also model the behaviour they expect from the students.
-Whether the educator is a champion of the process of technology integration or a quiet technology coach, the 21st century educator is a leader. Like clear goals and objectives, leadership is crucial to the success or failure of any project.
Websites for 21st Century Teaching
Just some fun - How "not" to teach!
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"